BOISE ENTREPRENEUR WEEK: MILITARY TRACK PITCH APPLICATION
October 5 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
VEA AND MISSION43 HAVE CREATED AN EXCLUSIVE VETERAN PITCH COMPETITION!
Boise Entrepreneur Week is a high-energy, community-powered, 5-day event in Boise that celebrates and builds Idaho’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. During these 5 days, organizations and entrepreneurs come together to share, challenge, and support each other in building businesses, individual confidence and skills, a deep sense of community, and Idaho’s economy.
The VEA and Mission43 are committed to empowering Idaho’s military-connected entrepreneurs in achieving their goals in launching and growing their businesses. Through this inaugural event, we are teaming up to provide military-specific events and an exclusive pitch competition, where selected participants will have the opportunity to win $5,000 (first place), $3,000 (second place), or $2,000 (third place)!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
STAY TUNED FOR EXACT LOCATION AT JUMP
Date: Thursday, October 5th, 2023
Time: 12 pm – 1 pm
We appreciate your interest in competing for the chance to win one of three prize amounts, up to $5,000. Please carefully complete the application below to the best of your ability.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
The application process involves two rounds of evaluation; applicants will be notified if selected to participate in the next round. This application represents Round 1 of the process and consists of questions where you will provide more information about yourself, your team (if applicable), your business, your product/service, and submit an elevator pitch video that does not exceed 3 minutes.
Round 1 will be evaluated by our review committee, which will choose candidates to move forward to Round 2.
In Round 2, selected applicants will be invited to a qualitative interview with a member of the review committee, which leads to the final selection of finalists who will compete on October 5th at the official Military Track Pitch Competition at Boise Entrepreneur Week, hosted by Mission43.
If chosen as a finalist, you will be eligible to receive coaching and mentoring from experienced entrepreneurs. Finalists must be able to pitch in person at JUMP on Thursday, October 5th, 2023, anytime between 12 pm and 1 pm.
In order to be eligible to proceed in the pitch application for the Military Track, applicants must be, at minimum:
- Currently serving military member, veteran, or military/veteran spouse residing/building a business in Idaho.
- Beyond the idea stage of business. Business ventures in the initial launch, seed, start-up, or early growth stages are preferred. The military-connected applicant meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Serves as a driving force behind the new venture,
- Played a pivotal role in the conception and development of the business idea,
- Do/will take up key management roles in the venture upon its inception,
- Hold a significant amount of equity in the venture.
- Mission43 and/or VEA membership is preferred but not required
COMPETITION AWARD AMOUNTS
1st Place: $5,000
2nd Place: $3,000
3rd Place: $2,000
CLICK TO APPLY ON THE MISSION43 WEBSITE!